2019 Honda CR-V Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $25,395 MSRP*
- Standard 2.4-liter DOHC i-VTEC® 184-horsepower 4-cylinder engine or available 1.5-liter DOHC turbocharged 190-horsepower 4-cylinder engine (28 city/34 highway/30 combined MPG**)
- Available Real Time AWD with Intelligent Control System™
- Optional Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ integration, SiriusXM®, HD Radio™ and Pandora® capabilities
- Standard Eco Assist™ System
- Available Hands-Free Access Power Tailgate
- Easy Fold-Down 60/40 Split Rear Seatback
- Available Honda Sensing® suite of driver-assistive safety technologies
About the Honda CR-V
Continuing its proven reputation of excellence, the 2019 Honda CR-V has remained America’s best selling CUV for 21 straight years. You’ll have the ability to take on whatever the day has in store for you with the choice of two responsive yet economical 4-cylinder engines along with an available Real Time AWD with Intelligent Control System™ — giving you maximum control in all types of weather conditions.
A variety of advanced connectivity features available on the CR-V include SiriusXM®, HD Radio™, Pandora®, along with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ smartphone integration. Available Honda Sensing® safety technologies give you improved confidence and driver-assistive features to help create a more engaging drive. A standard Easy Fold-Down 60/40 Split Rear Seatback and an optional Hands-Free Access Power Tailgate add convenience to simplify your life. A premium yet spacious interior provides the perfect complement to the versatile capabilities of the CR-V, illustrating it remains a hit with drivers living active lifestyles.
What the Critics Say
The 2019 Honda CR-V sets a high bar for the way it handles passengers and their cargo. We award it points for above average front- and rear-seat passenger comfort plus another for its configurable cargo area.” – The Car Connection
The Honda CR-V is a triple threat: it packs a host of high-tech equipment, impressive fuel economy, and copious cargo space. As if that’s not enough, it also boasts contemporary styling and excellent road manners. Yes, the Honda ticks all the boxes for what constitutes an excellent crossover.” – Car and Driver
What’s New for 2019
The Honda CR-V carries on unchanged from the prior model year. The only update is a new Platinum White Pearl exterior color option which replaces last year’s White Diamond Pearl.
Honda CR-V Features
From a short trip to run errands to an exciting weekend vacation getaway, the Honda CR-V delivers a perfected blend of capability and efficiency to help you make the most of every mile. Standard power for the CR-V comes in the form of a 2.4-liter DOHC i-VTEC® 184-horsepower 4-cylinder engine paired with an advanced CVT. Searching for maximum efficiency? You can experience up to 34 MPG on the highway** thanks to an available 1.5-liter DOHC turbocharged 190-horsepower 4-cylinder engine.
No matter what Mother Nature has in store for you, the CR-V lets you conquer the elements with Real Time AWD and Intelligent Control System™. Active shutter grille located in the stylish front fascia of the CR-V improves aerodynamics to help this CUV slice through the air. Its standard Eco Assist™ system gives you helpful efficiency coaching tips to help improve your MPG based on current driving conditions.
Both roomy and comfortable, the cabin of the Honda CR-V is packed with advanced tech features and smart solutions to some of life’s most irritating annoyances. Using a simple swipe of your foot beneath the rear bumper, the optional Hands-Free Access Power Tailgate lets you access the cargo area when your hands are full of shopping bags. Available Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ integration gives you seamless access to your favorite media and apps directly from your compatible smartphone on the Display Audio system. Whether it’s passengers, cargo, or even a mix of both — the standard Easy Fold-Down 60/40 Split Rear Seatback makes it easy to transport just about anything. A selection of premium materials such as leather-trimmed seating surfaces provides unparalleled comfort inside the Honda CR-V.
Honda Sensing® Safety Suite
Standard on CR-V EX trims and above, the Honda Sensing® suite of driver-assistive safety technologies help you enjoy a more confident drive. Examples of groundbreaking safety features found in this collection include the Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™) with Forward Collision Warning (FCW) and pedestrian sensing capability, Road Departure Mitigation (RDM) with Lane Departure Warning (LDW), Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with low-speed follow and Lane Keeping Assist (LKAS). Other optional technologies include Blind Spot Information, Rear Cross Traffic Monitor and Auto High-Beam headlights. No other compact SUV emphasizes safety quite like the 2019 Honda CR-V.
Trims & Specs
2019 CR-V LX
- Starting at $25,395 MSRP*
- 2.4L DOHC i-VTEC® 4-Cylinder Engine
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera
- LED Daytime Running Lights
- Automatic Climate Control System
- 17-inch Alloy Wheels
2019 CR-V EX
- Starting at $28,295 MSRP*
- 1.5-Liter VTEC® Turbo 4-Cylinder Engine and CVT with Sport Mode
- Smart Entry with Walk Away Auto Lock®
- Honda Sensing®
- Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ smartphone integration
- 7-inch Display Audio Touch-Screen
2019 CR-V EX-L
- Starting at $30,795 MSRP*
- Leather-Trimmed Power-Adjustable Seating
- HomeLink® Remote System
- 180-Watt Audio System with 8 Speakers
- Automatic-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- Heated, Body-Colored Power Side Mirrors including Integrated Indicators
2019 CR-V Touring
- Starting at $33,795 MSRP*
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™
- 330-Watt Premium Audio System with 9 Speakers
- Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers
- Hands-Free Access Power Tailgate
- LED Headlights with Auto-On/Off
*MSRP includes $1,045.00 destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, and options. Dealers set own prices.
**26 city/32 highway/28 combined mpg rating for 2WD LX trims. 25 city/31 highway/27 combined mpg rating for AWD LX trims. 28 city/34 highway/30 combined mpg rating for 2WD EX, EX-L & Touring trims. 27 city/33 highway/29 combined mpg rating for AWD EX, EX-L & Touring trims. Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.