2022 Honda Civic Sedan Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
2022 Honda Civic Sedan
- Starting at $22,695 MSRP*
- Standard 2.0-liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine (158 HP / 138 LB-FT TQ) or available 1.5-liter turbocharged and intercooled DOHC VTEC® 4-cylinder engine (180 HP / 177 LB-FT TQ) paired with a continuously variable transmission (CVT)
- Standard 7-inch color touchscreen with Apple CarPlay® & Android Auto™ integration
- Honda Sensing® system of advanced driver-assist safety technologies
- Available Civic-first Bose premium sound system with 12 speakers (Touring)
- Optional Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with voice recognition and Honda Realtime Traffic
- Standard multi-angle rearview camera with dynamic guidelines
- Available leather-trimmed upholstery featuring driver’s seat with 8-way power adjustment
About the Honda Civic Sedan
It’s certainly no secret that the Honda Civic has the distinction of being the longest-running nameplate in the storied history of the Honda Brand. Ever since its introduction in 1973, it’s remained a hit with drivers all across the country. As America’s #1 selling model with first-time car buyers, the Civic enters its 11th generation with over 12 million vehicles sold since its debut. Already a favorite with drivers of all ages, the Civic Sedan now boasts a distinctive exterior look that’s both athletic and thoroughly modernized for the next generation. Take a seat behind the wheel and you’ll find yourself immersed in technology found throughout the interior, highlighted by features including standard Apple CarPlay® & Android Auto™ integration. You’ll have your choice of two distinct engine options, each delivering its own blend of superior power and remarkable efficiency to suit your driving habits. Whether you’re a new driver or have years of experience, the Civic Sedan looks out for your safety unlike any of its competitors thanks to a standard collection of Honda Sensing® driver-assist technologies.
What the Critics Say
What’s New For 2022
2022 marks the debut of the 11th generation Honda Civic Sedan, featuring a complete redesign both inside and out. The new Civic Sedan stands out from the crowd with its athletic exterior refresh, reimagined interior layout, and an extensive list of class-leading safety technologies. Its comprehensive lineup of four individual trims makes it simple to find the Civic Sedan that’s a perfect match for both your personality and driving preferences.
Honda Civic Sedan Features
Athletic Styling & Performance
Featuring an exterior that’s both bolder and more sophisticated than prior generations, the 2022 Honda Civic adheres to the original Honda design principles of “Man-Maximum, Machine-Minimum” (or “M/M”). This athletic appearance is complemented by a lower beltline and windshield pillars that have been shifted rearward to improve outward visibility. Boosting its handling capabilities, the Civic is engineered with a wide rear track and a confident rear shoulder line that adds to its composed on-road stance.
Beneath the hood of the Civic Sedan lies a standard 2.0-liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine producing 158 horsepower 138 lb-ft of torque paired to a responsive continuously variable transmission (CVT). You can personalize your drive even further with optional selectable drive models such as Eco, Normal, and Sport. Step up to the optional turbocharged 1.5-liter engine to enjoy 180 horsepower and quicker acceleration. Helping the 11th generation Civic Sedan be the most nimble and agile ever built is a lightweight aluminum front subframe paired with a wide rear track.
Achieving harmony between comfort and connectivity, the driver-oriented cockpit of the Honda Civic Sedan serves as your command center as you hit the highway. Entry-level Civic Sedan trims include a 7-inch color touchscreen as standard equipment, the largest display screen in the model’s history. Using specialized Honda Body Stabilizing technology, the Civic also comes equipped with unique seats that are designed to maximize comfort on long-distance drives. Through meticulous attention to detail, the layout of the cabin features a minimalist structure that adds a feeling of spaciousness. Drivers can take advantage of a variety of ways to listen to their favorite songs by using a phone, radio, Bluetooth® or USB media, or a connected smartphone for use with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™. Another Civic-first feature offered inside the cabin is an available Bose audio system featuring Bose Centerpoint 2 and Bose SurroundStage digital signal processing.
Raising the bar for safety performance among small cars, the Honda Civic Sedan comes standard with an impressive array of groundbreaking safety features designed to protect both drivers and passengers. Debuting for the first time in a passenger vehicle, innovative frontal airbags found inside the Civic benefit from specialized technology to better control head motions in certain types of crashes. Also included as standard across the model range is Honda Sensing®. Standard features included in this collection are Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM), Lane Departure Warning (LDW), Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™), Forward Collision Warning (FCW), and many more. Every Civic Sedan is also engineered with the Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure, further improved for superior stiffness and protection in the event of an accident.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $22,695 MSRP*
- 158-horsepower 2.0-liter DOHC i-VTEC® engine and Continuously Variable Transmission
- 7-Inch Color Touchscreen with Apple CarPlay® & Android Auto™ integration
- Push Button Start
- Full LED Headlights
- Honda Sensing® suite of safety features
- Starting at $24,095 MSRP*
- 18-Inch Gloss-Black Alloy Wheels
- Gloss-Black Power Side Mirrors and Matte-Black Upper Window Trim
- Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
- 3-Mode Drive System including Sport and ECON Modes
- 8-Speaker, 180-Watt Audio System
- Starting at $25,695 MSRP*
- 180-horsepower 1.5-liter turbocharged and intercooled DOHC VTEC® engine
- One-Touch Power Moonroof
- Heated Front Seats
- Smart Entry w/Walk Away Auto Lock®
- 17-Inch Alloy Wheels
- Starting at $29,295 MSRP*
- Leather-Trimmed Seats
- 12-Speaker Bose Premium Sound System including Subwoofer
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™
- 9-Inch Color Touchscreen with Wireless Apple CarPlay® & Android Auto™ integration
- Adaptive Cruise Control w/Low-Speed Follow
*MSRP includes $995.00 destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, and options. Dealer sets own prices.
**31 city/40 highway/35 combined mpg rating for LX. 30 city/37 highway/33 combined mpg rating for Sport. 33 city/42 highway/36 combined mpg rating for EX. 31 city/38 highway/34 combined mpg rating for Touring. Based on 2022 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.