2023 Honda SUV Model Comparison
Beginning in the 1990s, crossovers and SUVs have largely replaced full-size sedans and minivans as the preferred choice of vehicles among those with growing families or drivers living active lifestyles. Buyer preferences in this segment have shifted towards SUVs for a wide variety of reasons. These include the bold styling of SUVs, their go-anywhere performance capabilities, a more confident driving position, and generous space to accommodate both passengers and cargo. Take a closer look at the Honda model lineup and you’ll notice four unique SUV choices. Ranging from the city-sized HR-V and versatile CR-V to the rugged Passport and family-friendly Pilot — you’ll have no trouble finding a Honda SUV that’s perfectly matched with your lifestyle.
In order to provide you with all the information you need to make an informed decision, our team at Germain Honda of Dublin has created this in-depth guide that looks at all four Honda SUV models side-by-side.
Honda Crossovers & SUVs – Key Specifications
2023 Honda HR-V
2023 Honda CR-V
2023 Honda Pilot
2023 Honda Passport
|Engine||2.0-Liter 4-Cylinder||1.5-Liter Turbocharged 4-Cylinder||3.5-Liter V6||3.5-Liter V6|
|Horsepower / Torque||158 / 138 lb-ft||190 / 179 lb-ft||285 / 262 lb-ft||280 / 262 lb-ft|
|Drivetrain||FWD or AWD||FWD or AWD||FWD or AWD||AWD|
|EPA-Estimated MPG** (city/hwy/combined)||Up to 26 / 32 / 28**||Up to 28 / 34 / 30**||Up to 19 / 27 / 22**||Up to 19 / 24 / 21**|
|Maximum Towing Capacity||Not Recommended||1,500 pounds (when properly equipped)||5,000 pounds (when properly equipped)||5,000 pounds (when properly equipped)|
|Seating Capacity||5||5||7 or 8||5|
|Cargo Capacity||Up to 55.1 cubic feet||Up to 76.5 cubic feet||Up to 114.3 cubic feet||Up to 100.8 cubic feet|
2023 Honda HR-V
Starting at $25,095 MSRP* | Up to 26 city / 32 highway / 28 combined MPG** | Seating – 5 Passengers
- Starting at $25,095 MSRP*
- Standard 2.0-liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine (158 HP / 138 LB-FT TQ) and Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) with Sport Mode
- Available Real Time AWD™ with Intelligent Control System™
- Optional heated leather-trimmed front seats
- 7-Inch Display Audio Touch-Screen or available 9-Inch Display Audio Touch-Screen featuring Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ compatibility
- Honda Sensing® system of advanced driver-assist safety technologies
- Available One-Touch Power Moonroof
- Optional Adaptive Cruise Control w/Low-Speed Follow
Complementing its compact stature, the Honda HR-V includes dynamic styling with vibrant exterior color options to match your own unique personality. Perfect for narrow city streets, the HR-V is powered by an efficient yet responsive 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine that produces 158 horsepower and 138 lb-ft of torque. Optional all-wheel drive means that you can tread confidently even when the weather doesn’t cooperate with your plans. Customize the interior of your HR-V to suit your needs using its standard 60/40 split second row Magic Seat®. Standard Honda Sensing® technologies give you a variety of driver-assistive safety innovations for added reassurance behind the wheel. Bluetooth® streaming audio lets you keep your eyes on the road, hands on the wheel, and complete control over an array of tech features. Speaking of technology features, drivers can take advantage of standard Apple CarPlay and Android Auto smartphone integration to access their favorite apps and media.
2023 Honda CR-V
Starting at $32,905 MSRP* | Up to 28 city / 34 highway / 30 combined MPG** | Seating – 5 Passengers
- Starting at $32,905 MSRP*
- Standard 1.5-liter DOHC turbocharged 4-cylinder engine with 190 horsepower / 179 lb-ft of torque and continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT)
- Available Real Time AWD with Intelligent Control System™
- Standard Honda Sensing® suite of driver-assistive safety technologies
- 7-inch touchscreen audio system with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ compatibility
- Optional Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ and Wi-Fi Hotspot capability
- Standard one-touch power sliding moonroof
- Available 12-speaker Bose premium audio system with Bose Centerpoint technology and SurroundStage digital signal processing
From a casual night on the town to an exciting weekend getaway, the Honda CR-V has the ability to transform every drive into a memorable journey. Chiseled styling, elegant highlights, and stylish alloy wheel designs help illustrate how the CR-V is far from your average SUV. Inside its ergonomic cabin, you’ll find yourself surrounded by premium materials along with advanced tech features such as a 7-inch touchscreen audio system for a truly luxurious feel. Thanks to its standard 1.5-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder — the CR-V brings both power and efficiency to your drive. An available Real Time AWD with Intelligent Control System™ means you’ll never have to put your plans on hold due to inclement weather. Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ integration lets you access your favorite apps and media no matter how far your travels take you. An easy fold-down 60/40 split rear seatback makes it effortless to carry larger or oddly-shaped cargo.
2023 Honda Pilot
Starting at $40,495 MSRP* | Up to 19 city / 27 highway / 22 combined MPG** | Seating – 7 or 8 Passengers
- Starting at $40,495 MSRP*
- Standard 3.5-liter V6 engine with 285 horsepower / 262 lb-ft of torque and 10-speed automatic transmission
- Available Intelligent Variable Torque Management™(i-VTM4™) AWD system
- Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive features
- 8-passenger seating with 1-touch fold 2nd-row bench
- Standard 7-inch or available 9-inch color touchscreen display with Apple CarPlay®/Android Auto™ smartphone integration
- Optional Bose premium audio with 12 speakers including subwoofer
- Available rugged TrailSport trim level featuring Off-road tuned suspension with +1-inch ride height, TrailWatch™ camera system, and skid plates
An excellent choice for drivers with growing families, the versatile Honda Pilot offers generous room for up to 8 passengers. Take the entire team across town to soccer practice with its standard 285-horsepower 3.5-liter V6. Premium features found inside the Pilot include a one-touch power moonroof, leather-trimmed seating surfaces, second-row captain’s chairs, and a mobile hotspot with a data plan from AT&T. Standard Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ gives you the ability to get directions, receive or send text messages, and use your favorite apps via the Audio touchscreen. Honda Sensing® gives you driver-assistive safety features including a Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM), and greater confidence behind the wheel.
2023 Honda Passport
Starting at $42,445 MSRP* | Up to 19 city / 24 highway / 21 combined MPG** | Seating – 5 Passengers
- Starting at $42,445 MSRP*
- Standard 280-horsepower, 3.5-liter, direct-injected V6 engine with i-VTEC® valvetrain mated to a 9-speed automatic transmission
- Standard Intelligent Variable Torque Management (i-VTM4™) torque-vectoring all-wheel drive enhances on- and off-road performance
- Intelligent Traction Management system with available Snow, Sand and Mud modes help optimize performance for varying surface conditions
- Best-in-class underfloor cargo storage
- Standard Honda Sensing® safety and driver-assistive technology
As the most rugged addition to the growing Honda SUV family, the Passport is positioned between the compact CR-V and the family-sized Pilot. Along with its off-road styling and functional design, the interior of the Passport can accommodate just about anything. A variety of seating configurations, spacious cargo capacity, and innovative underfloor storage compartments make the Passport the perfect companion for your next camping trip. With a standard 280-horsepower 3.5-liter V6 and Intelligent Variable Torque Management (i-VTM4™) torque-vectoring all-wheel drive — driving a Honda Passport means no obstacle will stand between you and your weekend plans. A quick swipe of your foot below the rear bumper can open the optional Hands-Free Access Power Tailgate — perfect for when your hands are full. Whether you’re cruising down a downtown boulevard or headed down a dirt road, the rugged styling of the Honda Passport is never short on attitude.
*MSRP includes $1,295.00 (HR-V and CR-V) or $1,345 (Pilot and Passport) destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, and options. Dealers set own prices.
**Based on 2023 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.