2022 Honda SUV Model Comparison
Beginning in the 1990s, crossovers and SUVs have largely replaced full-size sedans and minivans as the preferred choice of vehicles among those with growing families or drivers living active lifestyles. Buyer preferences in this segment have shifted towards SUVs for a wide variety of reasons. These include the bold styling of SUVs, their go-anywhere performance capabilities, a more confident driving position, and generous space to accommodate both passengers and cargo. Take a closer look at the Honda model lineup and you’ll notice four unique SUV choices. Ranging from the city-sized HR-V and versatile CR-V to the rugged Passport and family-friendly Pilot — you’ll have no trouble finding a Honda SUV that’s perfectly matched with your lifestyle.
In order to provide you with all the information you need to make an informed decision, our team at Germain Honda of Dublin has created this in-depth guide that looks at all four Honda SUV models side-by-side.
Honda Crossovers & SUVs – Key Specifications
2022 Honda HR-V
2022 Honda CR-V
2022 Honda Pilot
2022 Honda Passport
|Engine||1.8-Liter 4-Cylinder||1.5-Liter Turbocharged 4-Cylinder||3.5-Liter V6||3.5-Liter V6|
|Horsepower / Torque||141 / 127 lb ft||190 / 179 lb ft||280 / 262 lb ft||280 / 262 lb ft|
|Drivetrain||FWD or AWD||FWD or AWD||FWD or AWD||FWD or AWD|
|EPA-Estimated MPG** (city/hwy/combined)||Up to 28 / 34 / 30**||Up to 28 / 34 / 30**||Up to 20 / 27 / 23**||Up to 20 / 25 / 22**|
|Maximum Towing Capacity||Not Recommended||1,500 pounds (when properly equipped)||5,000 pounds (when properly equipped)||5,000 pounds (when properly equipped)|
|Seating Capacity||5||5||7 or 8||5|
|Cargo Capacity||Up to 58.8 cubic feet||Up to 75.8 cubic feet||Up to 109 cubic feet||Up to 100 cubic feet|
2022 Honda HR-V
Starting at $23,095 MSRP* | Up to 28 city / 34 highway / 30 combined MPG** | Seating – 5 Passengers
- Starting at $23,095 MSRP*
- 1.8-liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder engine with 141 horsepower and 127 lb-ft of torque
- Updated styling featuring revised bumpers, headlights, grille, and taillights
- Sport and Touring trim levels
- 2nd row Magic Seat®, offering up to 100.1 cubic feet of passenger space
- Display Audio with Apple CarPlay™ & Android Auto™ integration
- Available Honda Sensing® suite of active safety and driver-assistive features
- Multi-angle rearview camera with three angles – normal, top-down, and wide
Complementing its compact stature, the Honda HR-V includes dynamic styling with vibrant exterior color options to match your own unique personality. Perfect for narrow city streets, the HR-V is powered by an efficient yet responsive 1.8-liter 4-cylinder engine which produces 141 horsepower and 127 lb-ft of torque. Optional all-wheel drive means that you can tread confidently even when the weather doesn’t cooperate with your plans. Customize the interior of your HR-V to suit your needs using its standard 60/40 split second row Magic Seat®. Available Honda Sensing® technologies give you a variety of driver-assistive safety innovations for added reassurance behind the wheel. Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink® lets you keep your eyes on the road, hands on the wheel, and complete control over an array of tech features. You’ll always arrive at your destination safely and on time thanks to the available Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ inside the Honda HR-V.
2022 Honda CR-V
Starting at $27,625 MSRP* | Up to 28 city / 34 highway / 30 combined MPG** | Seating – 5 Passengers
- Starting at $27,625 MSRP*
- Available Hands-Free Tailgate Access
- Standard 190 Horsepower from 1.5L turbocharged engine
- Up to 34 Highway MPG**
- Available Rain-sensing Windshield Wipers
- Standard Multi-Angle Rearview Camera
- Available 330 watt / 9 speaker premium audio system
- 39.2 Cubic Feet of Cargo Space
From a casual night on the town to an exciting weekend getaway, the Honda CR-V has the ability to transform every drive into a memorable journey. Chiseled styling, elegant highlights, and stylish alloy wheel designs help illustrate how the CR-V is far from your average SUV. Inside its ergonomic cabin, you’ll find yourself surrounded with premium materials along with advanced tech features such as a Display Audio Touchscreen for a truly luxurious feel. Thanks to its standard 1.5-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder — the CR-V brings both power and efficiency to your drive. Real Time AWD with Intelligent Control System™ means you’ll never have to put your plans on hold due to inclement weather. Optional Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ integration lets you access your favorite apps and media no matter how far your travels take you. An easy fold-down 60/40 split rear seatback makes it effortless to carry larger or oddly-shaped cargo.
2022 Honda Pilot
Starting at $38,805 MSRP* | Up to 20 city / 27 highway / 23 combined MPG** | Seating – 7 or 8 Passengers
- Starting at $38,805 MSRP*
- Standard 3.5-liter i-VTEC® direct injection V6 engine with 280 horsepower
- Available Display Audio touchscreen system with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ integration with volume knob
- Optional Pilot-first Telematics Control Unit (TCU) AT&T 4G LTE On-Board Wi-Fi Connection
- Standard Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive features
- Available Blu-ray Rear Entertainment System (RES) with 115-volt power outlet, HDMI® Interface and integrated 2nd-row sunshades
- Optional perforated heated and ventilated front seats with heated 2nd-row captain’s chairs
- Available Intelligent Variable Torque Management™(i-VTM4™) AWD system
An excellent choice for drivers with growing families, the versatile Honda Pilot offers generous room for up to 8 passengers. Take the entire team across town to soccer practice with its standard 280-horsepower 3.5-liter V6. Premium features found inside the Pilot include a one-touch power moonroof, leather-trimmed seating surfaces, second-row captain’s chairs, and a mobile hotspot with a data plan from AT&T. Optional Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ gives you the ability to get directions, receive or send text messages, and use your favorite apps via the Display Audio touchscreen. Honda Sensing® gives you driver-assistive safety features including a Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM), and greater confidence behind the wheel.
2022 Honda Passport
Starting at $39,095 MSRP* | Up to 20 city / 25 highway / 22 combined MPG** | Seating – 5 Passengers
- Starting at $39,095 MSRP*
- Standard 280-horsepower, 3.5-liter, direct-injected V6 engine with i-VTEC® valvetrain mated to a 9-speed automatic transmission
- Available Intelligent Variable Torque Management (i-VTM4™) torque-vectoring all-wheel drive enhances on- and off-road performance
- Intelligent Traction Management system with available Snow, Sand and Mud modes help optimize performance for varying surface conditions
- Best-in-class underfloor cargo storage
- Standard Honda Sensing® safety and driver-assistive technology
As the most rugged addition to the growing Honda SUV family, the Passport is positioned between the compact CR-V and the family-sized Pilot. Along with its off-road styling and functional design, the interior of the Passport can accommodate just about anything. A variety of seating configurations, spacious cargo capacity, and innovative underfloor storage compartments make the Passport the perfect companion for your next camping trip. With a standard 280-horsepower 3.5-liter V6 and optional Intelligent Variable Torque Management (i-VTM4™) torque-vectoring all-wheel drive — driving a Honda Passport means no obstacle will stand between you and your weekend plans. A quick swipe of your foot below the rear bumper can open the optional Hands-Free Access Power Tailgate — perfect for when your hands are full. Whether you’re cruising down a downtown boulevard or headed down a dirt road, the rugged styling of the Honda Passport is never short on attitude.
*MSRP includes $1,225.00 destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, and options. Dealers set own prices.
**Based on 2022 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.