2019 Honda Civic Sedan Review with Specs, Prices & Photos
2019 Honda Civic Sedan
- Starting at $20,370 MSRP*
- Standard 158-horsepower 2.0L DOHC multi-point injected i-VTEC® 4-cylinder or available 174-horsepower 1.5L DOHC direct-injected turbocharged 4-cylinder
- Standard Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies
- Revised Display Audio system featuring a new interface including a volume knob and physical buttons for key functions
- All-new Sport trim level with unique styling, upsized 18-inch wheels, and enhanced handling
- Optional one-touch moonroof with tilt feature
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with guidelines
- Available Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ smartphone integration
About the Honda Civic Sedan
Groundbreaking tech, bold styling, exceptional efficiency, and innovative safety features are just a few of the reasons why the Honda Civic continues to hold the title of America’s best selling retail passenger car***. You’ll have your choice of an economical 2.0L DOHC i-VTEC® 4-cylinder or an available 1.5L DOHC direct-injected turbocharged 4-cylinder to match your individual driving preferences. Regardless of the trim level you select, you can drive with total confidence thanks to the standard Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies. You’ll no longer need to pack light for your next road trip thanks to the class-leading interior volume of the Honda Civic Sedan. Optional Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ smartphone integration gives you quick access to your favorite apps and media. A distinctive lineup of 5 unique models allows you to easily find the Civic Sedan which matches your own personality.
What the Critics Say
What’s New for 2019
Numerous updates and revisions have been made to the Honda Civic Sedan for the 2019 model year. All Civic Sedan models now include standard Honda Sensing®. Changes to the exterior include a restyled lower bumper, more subtle use of front bumper chrome accents, and blacked-out headlight treatment. Molten Lava Pearl and Platinum White Pearl are two new exterior color choices which are now offered. An all-new Sport trim adds numerous value-added features, improved handling, and more aggressive styling.
Turning our attention towards the interior, the optional Display Audio system now features a new interface in addition to a volume know and physical buttons for important controls. The available Bluetooth® integration has been improved to make device pairing easier. There’s a new center console cupholder that’s able to accommodate larger beverages. Redesigned steering wheel controls and updated dash trim round out the list of new features you’ll discover inside the 2019 Honda Civic Sedan.
Honda Civic Sedan Features
Spanning from outstanding efficiency to inspired performance, the 2019 Civic Sedan gives you your choice of two distinct powertrains. A 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine producing 158 horsepower and 138 lb-ft of torque comes standard on LX and Sport models. You’ll then have your choice of a 6-speed manual or CVT for the perfect balance of response and efficiency. a 1.5-liter turbocharged 4-cylinder with a peak output of 174 horsepower and 162 lb-ft of torque is found beneath the hood of EX, EX-L, and Touring trims. Giving you some of the best fuel economy numbers in its class, this turbocharged engine delivers maximum ratings of up to 32 city / 42 highway** for EX and EX-L trims. Living up to its legendary reputation as a fun-to-drive sedan, the new Civic Sedan Sport features a stiffer front stabilizer bar, rear lower control arms, exclusive shock absorbers, and boldly-styled 18-inch wheels.
Providing drivers with a more refined driving and ownership experience, numerous subtle changes have been made to the interior of the 2019 Civic Sedan. Physical buttons for critical functions and a volume knob have been added to the available Display Audio system which also includes Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ smartphone integration. Dual-zone automatic climate control with new fan speed buttons, leather-trimmed seating, an auto-dimming rear-view mirror, and embedded navigation are each examples of other premium features available inside the Civic Sedan. Available 60/40 split folding rear seatbacks can lower to create up to 15.1 cubic feet of cargo space. Building on the refinement of the Civic Sedan, extra sound insulation has been added to the front fenders, rear fenders, trunk, and floor.
Honda Sensing® Safety Features
Committed to keeping drivers safe from the unknown on the roadways, every 2019 Civic Sedan comes standard with the Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies. Included in this collection of features are the Collision Mitigation Braking System, Adaptive Cruise Control, Forward Collision Warning, Road Departure Mitigation, Lane Departure Warning, and a Lane Keeping Assist System. Back in or out of a tight parking spot with confidence by using the standard Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with guidelines. EX trim levels and above also include exclusive Honda LaneWatch™ as a standard feature.
Trims & Specs
2019 Civic Sedan LX
- Starting at $20,370 MSRP*
- 2.0-Liter DOHC i-VTEC® 4-Cylinder Engine with 158 horsepower
- 6-Speed Manual Transmission or available Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)
- Auto High-Beam Headlights with LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink® and Streaming Audio
- Honda Sensing®
2019 Civic Sedan Sport
- Starting at $22,070 MSRP*
- Decklid Spoiler, Center Outlet Exhaust, and 18-Inch Alloy Wheels
- Available Continuously Variable Transmission with Paddle Shifters
- 7-Inch Display Audio with Electrostatic Touch-Screen with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ smartphone integration
- 60/40 Split Fold-Down Rear Seatback
- Smart Entry with Walk Away Auto Lock®
2019 Civic Sedan EX
- Starting at $24,320 MSRP*
- Push Button Start and Remote Start
- One-Touch Power Moonroof
- Variable Intermittent Windshield Wipers
- Heated Side Mirrors
- Honda LaneWatch™
2019 Civic Sedan EX-L
- Starting at $25,520 MSRP*
- Leather-Trimmed Seats
- Dual Zone Automatic Climate Control
- Automatic-Dimming Rearview Mirror
- HomeLink® Remote System
- SiriusXM® Radio
2019 Civic Sedan Touring
- Starting at $28,220 MSRP*
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with Voice Recognition and Honda HD Digital Traffic
- Heated Rear Outboard Seats
- 450-Watt Premium Audio System with 10 Speakers including Subwoofer
- LED Headlights with Auto-On/Off
- Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers
*MSRP includes $920.00 destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, and options. Dealers set own prices.
**25 city/36 highway/29 combined mpg rating for LX & Sport 6MT trims. 30 city/38 highway/33 combined mpg rating for LX CVT and Touring trims. 29 city/37 highway/32 combined mpg rating for Sport CVT trim. 32 city/42 highway/36 combined mpg rating for EX & EX-L trims. Based on 2019 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.
***Based on Urban Science retail sales data for all car models in the industry 2016-2018CYTD July.