Commonsense towing rules to make the streets of Dublin safe!
There comes a point in everyone’s life when, for all their efforts to keep their vehicle dependable and reliable, they are in need of a tow. While this is a pretty routine thing all things said and done, there are some common-sense rules to follow to make things go smoothly.
• Be certain that the vehicle you’re using as a load capacity suited for the job.
• Thoroughly inspect the security of the trailer and safety of everything.
• Make sure your trailer lighting works properly.
• Be sure to have properly placed mirrors.
• Make sure that all of the tires on your trailer are of matching size.
• Be very aware that as you backup, the trailer will try to turn in the opposite direction.
• Avoid very sharp turns, or any turn at a high velocity.
• Of course, avoid breaking heavily, speeding, or tailgating anyone when you’re carrying a heavy load with a trailer!
Visit us at Germain Honda of Dublin today for more useful towing tips and caveats!