2021 Honda Passport Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $33,965 MSRP*
- Standard 280-horsepower, 3.5-liter, direct-injected V6 engine with i-VTEC® valvetrain mated to latest-generation 9-speed automatic transmission
- Sized between the CR-V compact and Pilot family SUVs with expanded off-road capabilities
- Best-in-class underfloor cargo storage
- Available Intelligent Variable Torque Management (i-VTM4™) torque-vectoring all-wheel drive enhances on- and off-road performance
- Intelligent Traction Management system with available Snow, Sand and Mud modes help optimize performance for varying surface conditions
- Standard Honda Sensing® safety and driver-assistive technology
- Standard 20-inch alloy wheels and tires on all trims
Honda Passport Video
About the Honda Passport
As the most rugged addition to the expanding lineup of Honda SUVs and crossovers, the Passport blends proven off-road abilities with outstanding on-road composure to help you make the most of your next adventure. Its best-in-class interior dimensions allow both yourself and your passengers to relax and get comfortable. Located between the compact CR-V and three-row Pilot in the Honda lineup, the Passport offers the capability of a muscular direct-injection i-VTEC® V6 engine, fully-independent suspension, and a reinforced unibody frame for extra durability. No obstacle stands in the way of the Passport thanks to optional Honda i-VTM4™ torque-vectoring all-wheel drive and its four-mode Intelligent Traction Management system. The Honda Passport is available in four distinctive trim levels: the well-appointed Sport, upgraded EX-L, high-tech Touring, and the fully equipped Elite. You’ll have no difficulty finding a Passport model that’s perfectly suited to your lifestyle.
What the Critics Say
What’s New for 2021
The Honda Passport is back for the new model year virtually unchanged. One update for 2021 is the newly-standard 8-inch touchscreen infotainment display now included inside Passport Sport trims, an improvement from last year’s 5-inch unit. Apart from that one adjustment, the Passport continues to feature the same bold exterior appearance, go-anywhere capabilities, and innovative tech features that have made it a favorite among midsize SUV shoppers.
Honda Passport Features
Featuring the most rugged design of a Honda late model light truck to date, the Passport captures the attention of bystanders with unique features that include striking 20-inch black wheels, matte black grille, blackout headlight accents, and an elevated ride height. Equally as comfortable on city streets, the Passport stands out with its chrome exhaust tips, LED headlight accents, gloss black exterior trim, and a signature “floating” C-pillar.
In addition to its bold exterior, the Passport offers expanded capability with 0.5 inches of extra ground clearance on front-wheel drive models and an impressive 1.1 inches on all-wheel drive Passport trims when compared to the three-row Honda Pilot. Enhanced departure and breakover angles, reduced rear overhangs, and a shorter overall length help display the impressive off-road capabilities of the Honda Passport.
Equally as comfortable as it is practical, the cabin of the Honda Passport delivers plenty of space for up to 5 passengers, class-leading passenger volume totaling 115.9 cubic feet, and a best-in-class total interior volume of 157.1 cubic feet. Durable and attractive cloth upholstery is included as standard on Sport models while EX-L, Touring, and Elite grades add perforated leather seats along with a blackout headliner.
Perfectly suited to those living active lifestyles, the Passport features a maximum cargo capacity of 77.9 cubic feet with the second row of seats folded flat. You’ll never have to worry about the mess that comes from carrying mountain bikes or camping equipment thanks to easy-to-clean hard plastic surfaces found on the seatbacks. You’ll also have an optional underfloor storage compartment which adds 2.5 cubic feet of extra space along with removable and washable bins.
Groundbreaking Technology & Safety
Regardless of your destination, the Honda Passport lets you stay in touch with its available 8-inch Display Audio touchscreen system with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto™ smartphone integration. Hear your favorite songs with outstanding clarity and depth with the available 590-watt 10-speaker premium audio system found on Passport Touring and Elite trim levels.
Hear your favorite tunes with exceptional clarity and depth with the available 590-watt 10-speaker premium audio system found on Passport Touring and Elite trim levels. An optional 4G LTE in-vehicle Wi-Fi TCU which has the ability to support up to seven devices along with a free 90-day/3GB trial period AT&T data plan. Use this cutting-edge system to access HondaLink® cloud-based services including maintenance tracking, appointment scheduling, and vehicle location services.
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $33,965 MSRP*
- 280-horsepower Direct-Injected i-VTEC® V6 Engine
- Available Intelligent Variable Torque Management™ All-Wheel-Drive System
- Honda Sensing®
- Remote Engine Start
- Cargo Area Underfloor Storage Compartments
- Starting at $37,985 MSRP*
- Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ Integration
- 8-Inch Display Audio with High-Resolution Touch-Screen
- One-Touch Power Moonroof with Tilt Feature
- Heated Front Seats
- Smart Entry with Walk Away Auto Lock®
- Starting at $40,855 MSRP*
- LED Headlights with Auto-On/Off
- Heated Front and Outboard Rear Seats
- Premium Audio System with 10 Speakers, Including Subwoofer
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™
- Hands-Free Access Power Tailgate
- Starting at $45,355 MSRP*
- Standard Variable Torque All-Wheel Drive (AWD)
- Rain-Sensing Windshield Wipers
- Automatic-Dimming, Power Folding, Heated Side Mirrors
- Perforated, Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
- Wireless Phone Charger
*MSRP excluding tax, license, registration, $1,175.00 destination charge, options and accessories. Dealers set own prices. MSRP does not include $395 charge for select premium colors. $395 charge only applies to 2021 models.
**20 city/25 highway/22 combined mpg rating for 2WD trims. 19 city/24 highway/21 combined mpg rating for AWD trims. Based on 2021 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.