2020 Honda Pilot Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $32,645 MSRP*
- Standard 3.5-liter i-VTEC® direct injection V6 engine with 280 horsepower
- Standard Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive features
- Available new Display Audio touchscreen system with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ integration with volume knob
- Available Intelligent Variable Torque Management™(i-VTM™) AWD system
- Optional perforated heated and ventilated front seats with heated 2nd-row captain’s chairs
- Available Blu-ray Rear Entertainment System (RES) with 115-volt power outlet, HDMI® Interface and integrated 2nd-row sunshades
- Optional Pilot-first Telematics Control Unit (TCU) AT&T 4G LTE On-Board Wi-Fi Connection
About the Honda Pilot
No matter where your journeys take you, the Honda Pilot has the versatility, styling, and groundbreaking tech features to help you create memories which last a lifetime. As one of the few vehicles in its segment available with 8-passenger seating, the Pilot gives you spacious cargo capacity along with customizable seating configurations for enhanced comfort. Its luxurious interior and off-road performance capabilities help make it a hit with growing families or those living active lifestyles. Now included as standard on all Pilot models, the Honda Sensing® collection of advanced safety and driver-assistive technologies help inspire confidence behind the wheel. Available Satellite-Linked Navigation offers turn-by-turn guidance to help you arrive at your destination safely and on time. It’s also virtually effortless to access the cargo area of the Pilot even with your hands full of shopping bags thanks to the optional hands-free power-operated tailgate.
What the Critics Say
The Pilot is a very comfortable given its above-average ride quality and seat comfort, plus ample space in first and second rows. Ease of use is very high, too, which makes the Pilot a convenient and easy vehicle to live with.” — Edmunds
All this practicality would be useless if the Pilot were a drag to drive, but Honda has gone to great lengths to ensure that the driver and passenger get an experience that feels more premium than you expect for the Pilot’s price tag.” — Kelley Blue Book
What’s New for 2020
Continuing the success of last year, the Honda Pilot returns for 2020 virtually unchanged. However, a new range-topping Black Edition trim level joins the lineup. Now the highest trim level in the Pilot lineup located above the Elite trim, the Black Edition comes standard with all-wheel drive, heated second-row captain’s chairs, along with unique exterior and interior treatments. All Black Edition models include Black Crystal Pearl exterior paint, black-painted 20-inch alloy wheels, and eye-catching black exterior trim. Inside the Pilot, drivers will enjoy a premium black leather interior featuring red contrast stitching along with red accent lighting.
Honda Pilot Features
Performance, Capabilities, and Styling
Athletic, confident, and capable — the Honda Pilot stands out with its bold front fascia featuring standard LED low-beam headlights. The rear of the Pilot now comes fitted with amber turn signals and LED backup lights along with an optional Pilot-first hands-free power tailgate for a more premium look. For an unrivaled combination of efficiency and response, the Pilot comes standard with a 280-horsepower 3.5-liter i-VTEC® direct injection V6. In an effort to increase fuel efficiency, this engine features an enhanced Idle Stop system with new programming and a new brake pressure trigger for faster restarts. A 9-speed automatic transmission (9AT) comes standard on Touring and Elite trim levels, giving you smoother launches and better low-speed acceleration. Optional on all trim levels, optional all-wheel drive gives you increased grip and confidence across a complete range of road conditions.
Premium materials, upscale amenities, and ergonomic everyday features help you relax and unwind on your commute behind the wheel of the Honda Pilot. You’ll enjoy easier-to-use controls on a new steering wheel along with updated instrumentation. Touring and Elite trims are available with second-row captain’s chairs. Second-row retractable sunshades are standard on EX-L Pilot grades and above. Perforated leather seating surfaces, heated and ventilation functions for the front seats, and a 590-watt premium audio system with 10 speakers are other examples of luxurious options of the Honda Pilot. Updated for the new model year, the optional Rear Entertainment System (RES) features a larger screen and can even play CDs in the same drive that plays DVDs and Blu-ray™ media.
Featuring customizable shortcuts and a simplified menu interface, the Pilot comes standard with an all-new Display Audio System for quick access to your favorite media. When you use the optional 4G LTE-based Wi-Fi hotspot with support for up to 7 devices, you can stream select “Smart TV”-style videos directly on the Rear Entertainment System (RES) via any Wi-Fi connection. Offered for the first time on the Pilot, you can charge up using optional wireless smartphone charging featuring both Qi and PMA charging standards. CabinTalk™ incorporates a HandsFreeLink® microphone to allow for quick communication with second and third row passengers using the rear speakers, wireless headphones, or both. This new function lets you control various functions such as rear climate and the audio system using your compatible smartphone.
All Honda Pilot models now come standard with the groundbreaking Honda Sensing® suite of safety and driver-assistive features. Technologies included in this impressive collection are Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), Road Departure Mitigation (RDM), and Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™) with Forward Collision Warning. Other standard features include automatic high beams and a Multi-Angle Rearview Camera for increased confidence while backing out of a tight parking space. As a result, it comes as no surprise that the 2020 Honda Pilot targets a 5-Star Overall Vehicle Score from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $32,645 MSRP*
- 280-horsepower direct-injected, i-VTEC® V6 engine
- Honda Sensing®
- LED headlights with auto-on/off
- Multi-angle rearview camera
- 8-passenger seating
- Starting at $35,525 MSRP*
- 8-inch Display Audio with high-resolution touchscreen, Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ smartphone integration
- Heated front seats with 10-way power driver’s seat
- Smart Entry with Walk Away Auto Lock®
- Tri-zone automatic climate control
- One-touch 2nd-row seats
- Starting at $38,955 MSRP*
- Leather-trimmed interior
- Power tailgate
- One-touch power moonroof
- Integrated 2nd-row sunshades
- Three USB charging ports
- Starting at $43,715 MSRP*
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™
- Blu-ray™ Rear Entertainment System (RES)
- Mobile hotspot capability
- Blue ambient LED lighting and front beverage holders
- 590-watt premium audio system with 10 speakers
- Starting at $49,215 MSRP*
- Standard variable torque all-wheel-drive (AWD)
- Panoramic roof
- Wireless phone charger
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- LED front-row map lights
Pilot Black Edition
- Starting at $50,715 MSRP*
- Black Edition Exterior Trim
- Black Edition Leather Interior
- 20-Inch Black Alloy Wheels
- Red Ambient LED Lighting
- Heated Second-Row Captain’s Chairs
*MSRP includes $1,095.00 destination charge but excludes tax, license, registration, and options. Dealers set own prices.
**19 city/27 highway/22 combined mpg rating for 2WD 6AT models. 18 city/26 highway/21 combined mpg rating for AWD 6AT models. 20 city/27 highway/23 combined mpg rating for 2WD 9AT models. 19 city/26 highway/22 combined mpg rating for AWD 9AT models. Based on 2020 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.