2022 Honda Ridgeline Model Review with Prices, Photos, & Specs
- Starting at $38,065 MSRP*
- Standard 3.5-liter direct-injected VTEC® V6 producing 280 horsepower / 262 lb-ft of torque and 9-speed automatic transmission
- Available i-VTM4® torque-vectoring all-wheel drive system with up to 5,000-pound towing capacity
- Washable, lockable In-Bed Trunk® offering an additional 7.3 cubic-feet of secure storage space
- Standard Honda Sensing® suite of driver-assistive safety technologies
- Display Audio system with crisp graphics, easier-to-use touchscreen icons, and a physical volume knob
- Optional Honda Performance Development (HPD) package featuring unique grille treatment, black fender flares, aggressive bronze-colored wheels, and special HPD graphics
- Standard Dual-Action Tailgate which opens downward or to the side
About the Honda Ridgeline
From city streets to challenging off-road trails, the bold Honda Ridgeline is engineered with proven performance and capabilities to help you get out and chase adventure. Infused with clever features you won’t find on any other pickup truck, the Ridgeline strikes a unique harmony between work and play. No obstacle will stand in your way thanks to its standard 280-horsepower 3.5-liter V6 paired with the confidence of an Intelligent Variable Torque Management™ (i-VTM4™) AWD system.
No matter how far your journey takes you, the Ridgeline allows you to stay in touch with your social network thanks to its standard 8-inch Display Audio system featuring a high-resolution touchscreen along with Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ smartphone integration. Demonstrating how firmly committed Honda is to protecting drivers, the Ridgeline is offered with the comprehensive Honda Sensing® suite of advanced safety and driver-assistive features, which includes the Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™) with Forward Collision Warning (FCW).
What the Critics Say
What’s New for 2022
After undergoing an extensive model refresh last year, the Honda Ridgeline is back for 2022 essentially unchanged. The sole update is the arrival of a new Sonic Gray Pearl exterior color option for 2022. Besides that addition, the Honda Ridgeline continues to remain a popular choice among midsize truck shoppers.
Honda Ridgeline Features
Capability & Performance
Regardless of your destination, the standard 280-horsepower 3.5-liter i-VTEC® direct-injection V6 engine found beneath the hood of the Honda Ridgeline helps you rise to the challenge. This potent powertrain provides you with a total of 1,580 pounds of total payload capacity along with up to 5,000 pounds of towing capacity. Letting you enjoy a smooth ride on paved roads without making any sacrifices on off-road performance, the Ridgeline is designed with a rigid lightweight unibody design and a fully independent multi-link rear suspension. When the tarmac turns to gravel, the Intelligent Variable Torque Management™ (i-VTM4™) AWD system is there to help you stay in control. Individual terrain modes for snow, mud, and sand in the Intelligent Traction Management system allows the Ridgeline to adapt to the conditions for greater confidence in tricky situations.
Versatile Truck Bed
Defying the conventional thought of what you can achieve with a pickup, the Honda Ridgeline is equipped with innovative solutions both inside and out. One example that’s exclusive in its class, the Ridgeline comes standard with an In-Bed Trunk that features 7.3 cubic feet of washable/drainable cargo storage. It’s easier than ever to haul large or flat items such as sheets of plywood thanks to the exclusive Dual-Action Tailgate that’s able to open either side-to-side or straight down. A total of 8 heavy-duty truck bed tie-down cleats, each rated up to 350 pounds, makes it easy to keep your cargo safe and secure. Great for working outside, the optional Truck-Bed Audio System of the Ridgeline helps you enjoy your favorite tunes. It also features Bluetooth® compatibility that allows you to change songs with your compatible smartphone.
Crafted with comfort as a top priority, the ergonomic cabin of the Honda Ridgeline offers space for up to 5 in addition to the highest passenger volume in the segment. Unlike most pickup trucks, you’ll find technology inside the Ridgeline that makes accessing your favorite features as easy as pressing a button. For a more luxurious feel, you can choose available leather-trimmed upholstery along with a heated steering wheel. Great for carrying bulky items including a bike or camping equipment, standard 60/40 Split Lift-Up rear seats help expand cargo-carrying possibilities. Optional Tri-Zone Automatic Climate Control keeps all occupants comfortable on the way to your destination.
No other midsize pickup places emphasis on your safety quite like the Honda Ridgeline. A standard Rearview Camera helps you squeeze in or out of a tight space with confidence while an available Blind Spot Information System helps alert you to unseen vehicles when driving on the highway. Standard Honda Sensing® is a full suite of safety and driver-assistive technologies that are designed to assist and help protect you and your passengers. Optional features include Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM), and Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS).
Trims & Specs
- Starting at $38,065 MSRP*
- 280-horsepower 3.5-Liter V6 Engine
- Intelligent Variable Torque Management® (i-VTM4®) AWD System
- Dual-Action Tailgate
- In-Bed Trunk®
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines
- Starting at $41,095 MSRP*
- Leather-Trimmed Interior with Heated Front Seats
- One-Touch Power Moonroof
- Blind Spot Information System (BSI)
- Exclusive 18-inch Machine-Finished Alloy Wheels
- Power Sliding Rear Window
- Starting at $44,045 MSRP*
- Wireless Phone Charger
- Truck-Bed Audio System
- 540-Watt Premium Audio System
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™
- LED Headlights with Auto-On/Off (Low Beam)
- Starting at $45,545 MSRP*
- Black Edition Exterior Trim
- Black Edition Leather Interior
- 18-Inch Black Alloy Wheels
- Red Ambient LED Lighting
- 150-Watt / 400-Watt Truck-Bed Power Outlet
*MSRP includes $1,225 destination charge, but excludes tax, registration, and options. Dealer set own prices.
**18 city/24 highway/21 combined mpg rating. Based on 2022 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle, driving conditions and other factors.