New Honda Insight Unveiled at 2018 NAIAS
Celebrating its 111th anniversary, Detroit’s 2018 North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) showed off the best of the best from the automotive industry, raising over $5 million for local Michigan charities in the process. Philanthropic endeavors aside, several new models captivated audiences during the NAIAS’s January run—but none more so than the 2019 Honda Insight prototype. When it officially hits showroom floors, the 2019 Insight will be available for lease and purchase at our Honda dealership in Dublin, OH. Until then, you’ll just have to drool over these new Insight photos.
2019 Honda Insight Features & Details
Having stolen the show on January 15, the newly remodeled Insight will push the envelope of what’s possible in an EV, offering an assortment of much-anticipated features including:
· A 1.5-liter Atkinson engine similar to the Honda Clarity
· Projected EPA rating of over 50 mpg
· Multimode direct drive transmission
· Electric motor and an enhanced lithium-ion battery pack
· Upgraded 8-inch touchscreen with Wi-Fi, Apple CarPlay, and Android Auto compatibility
· Honda Sensing features such as Adaptive Cruise Control, LaneWatch, and Collision Mitigation Braking
· Passenger volume similar to that of the Honda Accord
Watch this video for more details about the Insight, which is set to be released later in 2018 alongside the Accord Hybrid and Honda Clarity lineup. A departure from previous generations, the upcoming Honda Insight will also be built on American soil rather than in Japan.
Other Honda NAIAS Updates
Every year, Detroit crowns the North American Car of the Year winner. For 2018, that winner was a no-brainer: The 2018 Honda Accord. Following in the footsteps of the Civic (2016) and Ridgeline (2017), the new Accord accomplished the dream of a three-peat without much competition to speak of. This sparkly remodeled sedan brings a whole lot to the table, including:
· A 2.0L turbocharger that makes 252 horsepower and 273 lb-ft of torque
· Honda Sensing
· Segment-first 10-speed automatic transmission (front-drive)
· Standard 7-inch touchscreen
· Dual-zone climate control
· Roomier trunk
· More cabin space
· Better fuel economy
· Natural Accord allure
If you’re ready to get behind the wheel of the best car in America, head to your local Honda dealer to test drive the 2018 Accord. At Germain Honda of Dublin, we have numerous Honda Accord lease deals and auto finance specials available. That is, if you like saving money on a new car….
Give us a call at (614) 764-9449 or visit our Dublin Honda dealership at 6715 Sawmill Road today to browse our selection or ask us about how to take advantage of tax rebates on a new Honda Insight.